Oct 15, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are: best stills of 2009



So far I haven't come across a still from Where the Wild Things Are, the new Spike Jonze movie, that hasn't been mesmerising. Each one has stopped me in my tracks. The film has been hauntingly shot, clearly, in unusually beautiful part of Australia; but it's also the sure pleasure of seeing real, non-CGI creatures that are actually standing there, in the same frame as the kid, catching the light this way or that. You don't realise how much you miss it until you see it.

5 comments:

  1. it's a magical book, I can't wait to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "in unusually beautiful part of Australia"

    Bah, why is it unusually beautiful, I've spent 21 years down here and there are a lot of great landscapes :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offense intended. I meant 'beautiful even by Australia's standards.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! Great blog post then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much to love about this movie. It speaks to the heart. But before you head out with the whole family, heed this warning. Certain scene involving the monsters might be a bit too overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete