Oct 2, 2009

The best of Tom Hanks: Big

1. Big
2. Splash
3. Castaway
4. Charlie Wilson's War
5. Philadelphia
6. Turner and Hooch
7. Sleepless In Seattle
8. Toy story 2
This one was easy. Big, hands down. Then Splash, obviously. Synaptic masterclasses, both of them, with Hanks as loose and rolling and quick as great sportsmen can be. Ali, Jordan and Federer come to mind. Of his 'serious' roles, my favorite is Castaway — particularly the 40 minutes of largely silent cinema, a measure of true movie star greatness. Charlie' Wilson's War is the first time he's gone rogue and taken us with him. Turner and Hooch: speaks for itself. Toy story 2: the better Woody film.

3 comments:

  1. These lists are addictive Tom, my husband is wondering why I'm permanently hunched over my laptop......
    Not sure I agree with you about Tom Hanks though; he is a very slick operator I grant you - amiable, funny, sweet, pulls the heartstrings etc. but he is never compelling or hypnotic.
    I never lose the awareness of watching another "Hanks" performance, professional but unsatisfying. (Think Meryl Streep)

    ReplyDelete
  2. click resources o0i51l3g84 replica designer bags wholesale replica bags aaa quality o3v82d7p19 link n1v07k5u78 louis vuitton replica handbags replica bags new york l7m62f0n79 this content g1f15q9k37 gucci replica handbags replica bags los angeles

    ReplyDelete