Apr 24, 2010

Late to the party: 2008's 'Bring Me Your Love'

Readers of this blog will know that I am about as far from being an Early Adopter as can be imagined. I come by most of my music through movies, adverts and other people's recommendations and once walked into Tower on Sunset Boulevard, asked what the music playing was, and was pointed to a massive billboard advertising Vanessa Carton's number one hit single 'A Thousand Miles.' So I have no shame in declaring my belated love for City and Colour's 2008 album Bring Me Your Love (here interspersed with tracks from their 2005 album Sometimes). Singer/songwriter Dallas Green is Canadian and has a pure, unusually soulful alto voice with just a touch of Marvin Gaye to it. Singing at the bottom of his register, his voice has the slight wobble of someone trying and failing to get their emotions under control. Only two years late. I'm catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment